Tuesday, September 4, 2007

One thing that I have found myself disagreeing with of late is the actions of that radical baptist church from the south somewhere (I can't think of the name). This church and its members have been in the news a lot lately for their outrageous protests of such things as American soldier funerals and even the funerals of those lost at Virginia Tech earlier this year. Personally, I cannot see how these people in this church view their actions as justified. No funeral of an innocent person (especially an innocent soldier who died fighting for our country) should ever be protested like that. I know that the freedoms laid forth in the Constitution, like the freedom of speech, are what makes the United States of America the great country that it is. However, abusing that freedom like these people did and probably continue to do is immoral and is deserving of some sort of prosecution in my mind.

No comments: